Monday, August 14, 2006

Praise, Repentance, and Faith


As you read the following, ask God what He wants you to learn and to do. I was much encouraged this morning, and even more so this evening, as I reread this passage. I'll not take time to comment tonight, but I will try to tell you later how God is working in the my life and in the lives of my family members. He has already won the victories for eternity. "Our God is an awesome God!" "He alone is worthy of our praise." Hallelujah! Praise our mighty King and wonderful Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! Praise our Lord in and through the Holy Spirit in all that you do. --Amen

16 Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me. 17 I cried out to him with my mouth; his praise was on my tongue. 18 If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; 19 but God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer. 20 Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me! (Psalm 66:16-20)

1 May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us, Selah 2 that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations. 3 May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you. 4 May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples justly and guide the nations of the earth. Selah 5 May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you. 6 Then the land will yield its harvest, and God, our God, will bless us. 7 God will bless us, and all the ends of the earth will fear him.
(Psalm 67:1-7)

1 May God arise, may his enemies be scattered; may his foes flee before him. 2 As smoke is blown away by the wind, may you blow them away; as wax melts before the fire, may the wicked perish before God. 3 But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful. 4 Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds-- his name is the Lord-- and rejoice before him. 5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. 6 God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land. (Psalm 68:1-6)

New International Version

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home