Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Deep Waters Yield Great Blessing in Isaiah

First, I want anyone to know that I do not know a lot about Isaiah, except that Jesus began his first written synagogue teaching with a reading from Isaiah and that it is filled with prophecy of Israel and of Christ. The passage is included in chapters 40-43. Read them completely and thoughtfully for great blessing and encouragement as you see the prophecies of Israel and of Christ.

Today, I believe I failed my Savior and several good friends at work by setting a poor example. I cannot share the details at this point and perhaps never can, but I was encouraged by reading Isaiah again this evening, as I remembered what I had read this morning. The portion quoted below is especially good--but do not neglect to read the whole book, even if you only read chapters 40-43, as soon as possible.

10 "You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. 11 I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior. 12 I have revealed and saved and proclaimed-- I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "that I am God. 13 Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?" (Isaiah 43:20-13, NIV)

(Incidentally, Crosswalk has many Bible study helps. I cut and paste the scriptures from their web site at http://bible.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBible/bible. Many translation versions and study helps are available on their site.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Blundell said...

But that's when grace abounds.
Thank God for grace.

Grace, its a name for a girl.
It's also a thought that changed the world.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home