Wednesday, August 16, 2006

God Has a Plan

This morning I was reading two of my favorite verses in Proverbs 16:

3 "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
4 The Lord works out everything for his own ends-- even the wicked for a day of disaster." (NIV)

I believe another version states verse 3 as: "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."

This evening our pastor, Roger Raymer, told of a quote he had read today, "We are always asking God to change our circumstances, but God wants to use our circumstances to change us."

That sounds like Romans 8:28 stated in a way that one could apply it to daily living. " And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (NIV)

I was reading Isaiah 46 this evening. God is so uniquely awesome, great, and all knowing that we will never understand Him completely, but we can trust Him completely. Look at these selections:

18"...I am the Lord, and there is no other."

21 "Declare what is to be, present it-- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me.

23 "...Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear. 24 They will say of me, 'In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength."

Today and this evening I was wondering and discussing with God some of the last week's events in my life. I do not need to worry or fret. I only need to trust Him moment by moment to carry out His plan in my life in the power of His Holy Spirit living in me, controlling and empowering my life.

This weekend I will try to recount some of the answers to prayer which we have seen. "Our God is an awesome God!" There is power in His name, the name above all names. Wonderful! Wonderful is the grace of Jesus! Hallelujah! What a Savior! Amen. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home